1. What is aqiqah?
Aqiqah, عقيقة, is Islamic ritual of the sacrifice of an animal, usually a Goat or Sheep, in the event of the birth of a newborn baby.
2. Why do we have to do aqiqah in Islam?
Aqiqah is an act of sadaqah and also is a sunnah muakkadah; not mandatory. However, it is highly encouraged. One’s parent or guardian to sadaqah an aqiqah for their child to show their gratitude for the gift of a child to Allah (the most glorified, the most high). This custom have been performed since Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his companions
4. How many animals should we sacrifice for aqiqah?
Simple sunnah guideline:
- Baby Boy is 2 sheep or goat
- Baby Girl is 1 sheep or goat
Simple sunnah guideline:
- Best is 7th day after birth of baby, or if not 14th or 21st day
- If above not possible, Aqiqah can be perform anytime before the child hits puberty
ABOUT AQIQAH - Schedule, Registration & Deliverable
1. After I completed the order, when will you schedule for my aqiqah?
For Aqiqah, we will schedule the aqiqah within 10 days if your child is recently born you may request for a specific date as per sunnah guidelines. Please specify the aqiqah date under the Remarks column during checkout. However, at times we may schedule the aqiqah within 2-weeks from the completion of payment especially when close to Aidil Adha/Qurban rites.
2. When will I receive the aqiqah photos/video and certificates for aqiqah performed in Indonesia?
You can expect to receive the photos/video and certificates after completion of Aqiqah/Qurban within 2 to 3 working days via email. We will attach a link for you to download from our cloud storage. This link will be valid for 7 days .
- Photos (up to 20 photos)
- Video (up to 2 videos, min. 10 minutes)
3. Can I change my mind and cancel my order?
Cancellation is permitted up till the date before the slaughter. However, they will be a one-time charge admin fee of SGD15 per transaction for the canceled order. After cancellation, you will receive your balanced refund within 7 to 14 working days.
5. How do I cancel my order?
You may email or call us with your order reference number.
6. What will you do with the meat of the aqiqah animal?
The meat will be donated or cooked for the less fortunate and needy families in the village at Bandung. Example, orphanages, non-profit organizations that help the needy and madrasah.
7. Can you send the meat from aqiqah/Qurban performed in Indonesia into Singapore?
Our apologies, due to AVA regulations, we are not able to export the meat.
ABOUT AQIQAH - Technicalities
1. If I have completed aqiqah for my son with 1 goat/sheep, can I add 1 more goat/sheep later?
Yes you may. This is highly encouraged for baby boy, based on sunnah.
2. My due date is coming soon. When is the best time to order aqiqah for my newborn?
We highly encourage orders to be made 10 days in advance. This is to ensure smooth planning and admin processes of the transaction. Do write in to us or contact us via our number if there is any urgent order or special request. Our team here in SGAqiqah will do our best to support your request, Inshaa Allah.
ABOUT QURBAN - Definition & Ruling
1. What is Qurban?
Qurban is the ritual sacrifice of livestock to Allah. It is only performed during the 10th (Eidul Adha) and the 13th Dhulhijjah, when Muslims around the world sacrifice goats, sheep, cows, or camels as an homage to the Prophet Ibrahim’s willingness to sacrifice his own son, Ismail. To perform on any other days will be considered as charity/sadaqah.
2. Why do we have to do Qurban in Islam?
Qurban is an ibadah (act of worship) and also is a sunnah muakkadah; not mandatory. However, it is highly encouraged. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) stated that “there is nothing dearer to Allah during the days of sacrifice than the sacrificing of animals” (Ibn Majah). The sacrifice brings Muslims closer to Allah.This custom have been performed since Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his companions
3. Who should perform Qurban/Qurban?
- One’s parents or guardian for their child that have reached puberty
- An individual who have reached puberty
Simple sunnah guideline:
- Either 1 sheep or goat
- Or 1 cow with 7 individual name shared together
Qurban can be performed every year to give thanks to Allah for our day-to-day lives.
ABOUT QURBAN - Registration, Schedule & Deliverable
1. When do you normally open registration for Qurban rites?
For Qurban rites in Indonesia, we will open registration 2 to 3 months before Aiduladha for pre-order.
2. When will we receive schedule for the Qurban rites in Indonesia since the Qurban is performed on Eidul Adha and tasyrik days?
We will provide update on schedule for Qurban rites approximately a week before AidulAdha. We will send the update via email to all Qurban participants. Sometimes our email update may go to spam/junk folder. Therefore, please check your spam/junk folder if you have not received any update one or two days before Aiduladha.
3. What are the deliverables for Qurban rites participants in Indonesia?
We will provide a set of Qurban photos to each Qurban participant which will be sent via email as a link to our cloud storage. These Qurban photos will show the slaughtering process of your Qurban animal. We will also provide a generic photos for the skinning, butchering and distribution process of the Qurban animal.
You may download to your PC/computer for keepsake.
For certificate, based on your selection during ordering, we will issue e-cert for Qurban participants who opted for the Qurban certificate via email.
1. Where is the Aqiqah/Qurban performed?
Currently, most of our Aqiqah/Qurban is performed in Bandung, Indonesia.
2. What is the payment mode?
- Online payment made by credit/debit is handled by Stripe
- Any other request can contact us via email or our contact number
There is no additional charge. However, they will be a one-time charge admin fee of SGD15 per transaction for the canceled order. After cancellation, you will receive your balanced refund within 7 to 14 working days.
5. I am not from Singapore, but I want to do aqiqah/qurban/nazar for my self/child/children with your company. How should I proceed?
You may place an order and fill in the necessary information required on our website. As our standard service, we will upload aqiqah/Qurban/nazar photos in our cloud storage and send the download link via email. We may or may not issue e-certificate depending on the package of aqiqah/Qurban/nazar that you have selected.
Performance of Aqiqah is highly encouraged. It is to be performed by the parents or the guardians of the child to show gratitude to Allah for the gift of a child. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his companions used to perform Aqiqah when they were bestowed with a newborn.